Saturday, March 11, 2006

still under construction

okay, so now my brain hurts. i can't yet figure out how to finish what i started but eventually i want to have a little section where i periodically update silly quotes and list books and music i've discovered recently. til then...

another quote i came across the other day, this time on a bumper sticker:
MONEY TALKS
mine says goodbye

and a cool book, especially for you Russia aficionados:
The Fire Escape is Locked for Your Safety: On the Road in the Former Soviet Union, Molly J. Baier

happy weekend!

6 comments:

lafalda said...

hi sylly (:)) i'm hopin' you're getting excited for slovakia!!! we sure are! in fact, as i sit here in this office doing menial tasks, my excitement is overwhelming! you'll finally get to experience what you've heard me talk about for the all the years you've known me (soo many)! it's gonna be great!

sylvia said...

Yeah, all these years! But seriously, I am starting to get excited, too. I borrowed a CD from the library that is music by a Slovak composer. Cool stuff. :)

KHB said...

Hooray! I got a comment!

Are you trying to add the section to your righthand linky column? You probably just need to add some code to your template if so.

sylvia said...

yes! that is my goal. computer savvy, i am not. maybe you can help me. see you at the office tomorrow.

Lance Fisher said...

Good work! It looks like the quotes and stuff are showing up now. I've thought about doing the same on my site, but I think my currently reading list would include several unfinished books that I hope to finish some day.

Some people do this and make money off their blogs by providing links to the books on Amazon, then if someone buys the book from your link, you get a commission, but you have to set up a special account with Amazon for that.

sylvia said...

hey i didnt say that i finish the books i'm reading! :)
concerning Amazon, sounds like too much of a hassle. i just love sharing my discoveries. ya know, like a little kid, "look what i found!" thanks for the info, though. maybe i'll give it a shot someday.