turkey potato scramble
an Oman original! - serves 3-6
· 1 lb. ground turkey (pork would be good, too)
· 4 large, cooked potatoes (baked or boiled)
· 5 eggs
· 1/4 c. milk
· 3 T. canola or olive oil, divided
· 1/4 c. diced onion
· 1 green pepper
· 1/2 - 3/4 c. shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar, Monterey jack, etc.)
· 1 t. rosemary, divided
· 1/2 t. sage
· 1/4 t. thyme
· Salt to taste
1. Cook turkey in a large frying pan with 1 T. oil. Season with 3/4 t. of the rosemary, as well as the sage and thyme.
2. Meanwhile, heat potatoes, onions and green pepper in 1 T. oil in another frying pan. Season with 1/4 t. rosemary. Transfer to bowl.
3. Beat eggs and milk in a bowl and briefly preheat 1 T. oil in second pan. Cook and scramble eggs.
4. Transfer vegetables and eggs to pan with turkey. Mix. Sprinkle cheese on top and heat on low until it melts. Serve warm. Salt to taste. Garnish with ketchup or salsa, if desired.