Friday, August 17, 2007

Walking Around the Corner

Greetings from Boise State University's Albertsons Library. I am in here for, pretty much, the last time. My classes are all done. The final 25lb-cotton-paper version of my thesis was turned in last week. It's probably on the way to the bindery now. Grades are in now, too. Wow. I'm done with school. When I get that diploma in the mail, then it will really sink in!

And now? Well, tomorrow I move to Missoula, Montana. If you only read this blog and haven't gotten any emails from me, my deepest apologies. To fill you in, for the past 8 months or so, God has been turning my world upside down. While my life plans are only slightly tweaked, and I'm only moving one state away, my life view has undergone some significant channges. This move to Missoula, to work on staff with Chi Alpha at the University of Montana, is just one step in the direction of that new view.

How am I? I'm equal parts excited and terrified. And a little sad to be saying goodbye to some folks here. But excitement for the plans God has for me long-term, and the commitment I made to do this, these keep me moving forward. The unknown waits around the corner - funny thing, though. We never really know what the future holds anyway, right? We think we do, but we don't. Every once in awhile God allows us to feel just how much we don't know. I guess that's a huge part of faith, maybe the thing in its entirety. So here's to taking the risks and walking around the corner. Here's to faith in the One who is deserving. I hope you all get a chance to live in this faith, too. :)

2 comments:

KHB said...

This is so true - I was just writing about student teaching, and said (I think word-for-word) what you said about equal parts excited and terrified. It's a wonderful combination of having the faith to let things rest in God's hands, and God giving us free will to make mistakes and achieve great things and learn from the past...

Best of luck to you on this next part of your walk, Sylvia. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to really say good-bye yesterday - I turned around and you were gone. I sympathize with wanting to avoid all the awkward farewells, though - that's kind of how I did with my last job. Do keep in touch, whether through your blog or whatever - There's definitely a part of me that's a bit jealous of your new adventures, and I'd love to know how things are going for you. :)

Lance Fisher said...

We are excited to have you back in Missoula, Sylvia! You'll have to send me a bio so I can update the XA site.