Monday, August 20, 2007

here we go! er, maybe not...

post accident piece of car

Saturday mornin' I was all giddy with excitement about driving up to Missoula. I finally got all packed, got everything I needed for the next few weeks in my car, got some last minutes pics with my roommates and a pic of me with my packed car - so proud of all that work to make it fit. And off I went.
I didn't get too far. Instead, I found myself in a wreck just 30 miles north of Boise, in a town called Horseshoe Bend. No worries. I'm fine, my violin and computer and all the other stuff in my car - these are all fine. My car that? Not so much! The passenger side is pretty messed up. The front windshield is buckled and cracked, and the back windshield and back passenger-side windows are completely gone. The hood is buckled from the right, the part immediately above the right wheel is gone, and the whole passenger side is scraped. As I rode in the tow truck coming back to Boise I looked back at my poor, poor car and thought, "Did I have an antenna? I don't remember..."

So now I am playing a waiting game. Waiting for the claims adjuster to call me, so I can tell him/her the auto body shop where the car is, and then waiting for those two to chat, and then waiting to hear if my car is totaled and, officially, whose fault it was. All signs at present point to the accident being the other guy's fault. Other's opinions about it being totaled vary more. No matter; I can't make any concrete plans until I hear from the insurance one way or the other. Grrrr. Anyone else hate waiting? Anyone else feel lost when you find yourself in an in between place - not here, not there? Sigh. :)

I'm soooo grateful that the car took all the damage. I really have nothing to complain about. To all my friends and family who are praying and helping me in these days of in between, thanks a bunch. I'll let you know more when I know more!

No comments: