Thursday, July 05, 2007

"eeehh!" or "about my new profile picture"

On the one hand, I really like this picture of me and Beth. It was taken in a park in Kosice, Slovakia. It was a fun, hot day of Ultimate Frisbee and volleyball and music in the midst of a very good trip. On the other hand, I feel an explanation is due: Someone said "Make a funny face" and pointed a camera at me. Of course, I really prefer to be on the other side of the camera, but the end result is that I have very few pictures of me, and even fewer that I like. Thus, for my profile pictures on MySpace and such I have to take extreme measures: half an hour taking and deleting shots on my cell phone(old picture) or cropping out my sister (flickr pic). This one is enough me that I don't need to crop but was enough someone else that I didn't feel as awkward on the wrong side of the lens. Sure, it's silly, but I like it ...okay?!?

2 comments:

Lance Fisher said...

That's a great profile pic! I think it would work even better if you cropped it more. I'm a fan of the "just the face" profile pictures since they are so small.

Therese said...

It's a cute picture, but I think you look prettier in the old one. The new one looks better up close, but, like your friend Lance said, because profile pics are so small, if you're the only one in the picture, it looks better. I should talk; i just put a picture on the ROL web directory that I should've cropped, because i look tiny in it until you see it full size, but I can't find ant recent pics of my face up close that I like.. opps! run-on sentence, sorry!