Saturday, October 08, 2005

oh, those Sox

My favorite phrase last year regarding our Red Sox was "The Hunt for Red October," with "red" in the old fashioned font like the B on the baseball caps. And then, wow, what an October it was! But now... it is with great sorrow that I acknowledge the end of of the Red Sox reign as world champs. They fell to the White Sox in the ALDS yesterday, swept in 3 games. Ah, sigh, there's always next year... now, where have I heard that before?

Still, I can't help but grin at the high drama we Bostonians feel for our sports, with a healthy does of cynicsim, of course. To sum it up, here's a quote from the Globe's website : "Certainly, the 2004 Red Sox took us on a ride that we can’t possibly ever expect to enjoy again." For more of the sob story: http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/slideshows/alds

And now, I guess it's "Go White Sox!" Hey, they've been waiting since 1917 for a World Series win, so it's only fair right? :)

No comments: