Friday, May 02, 2008

a may day's thoughts









On my Trike, Summer 1980

Just a quick note in celebration of the best month of the year! And while I'm not entirely thrilled about adding another year to my age, I love that May is the cusp of summer, the edge of the excitement, with so much to look forward to in the near future: fireworks and hiking and rafting and road trips and sunshine and swimming and ice cream and barbecues... To top it off, I have great memories of earlier years when birthdays were all about homemade cakes and backyard relay races with neighborhood kids. Those were the days. Whatever this month means to you, whatever memories it holds, I hope that this time around it treats you well.

2 comments:

KatieO said...

how freaking cute are you!

sylvia said...

ahh, thanks. (blush)