Friday, January 20, 2006

Hallelujah, Hallelujah...

Choirs are singing!
Angels are dancing!
Bells are ringing!
Organs are resounding!
(big gulp of air)
I got a Graduate Assistantship!

I will be working in the office of BSU's Marching Band greeting folks at the front desk as they visit the office and answering phones and organizing the music library, etc. It's not the most glamorous job in the world but I'll get all my tuition and fees paid for as well as receiving a stipend. One thing that I'm looking forward to is helping the office move into their new digs in the newest building on campus - a multi-million dollar monstrosity that will be the indoor practice space for the football team as well as holding offices for athletics and cheerleading and Marching Band. It opens at the end of this month and so a lot of my job will be helping with that transition.
So that's the big news of the new semester. Since I'll be working 20+ hours for my GA and also teaching a couple hours a week, as well as being a full-time grad student - yeah, I think that's it - I am hoping to get a room in a Suite on campus. I don't feel like I'll have any time to commute, especially since I am still car-less.
I start this new adventure next Wednesday. Check back here for more episodes of this particular drama. :) And thanks, gentle reader, for taking the time to share this good news with me!

2 comments:

lafalda said...

that is soooooo, sooooo great! you may have put this on here two months ago, i don't know. but i'm just now reading it so congratulations congratulations. how are you?

sylvia said...

good, good. :) someday i will call. really! maybe i'll even catch you in a free moment. persistence is my middle name.