Wednesday, December 28, 2005

"home" is a relative word

so when i am at my parent's apartment, i say "home" and i mean the house at Yuill Circle where i lived for three years with some of the awesomest roommates ever before i had to move closer to school and later out of state. over my Christmas break i am spending most of my nights at this house, aka "the art house." but when i am here i find myself thinking, "i need to do such-and-such when i get home", that is, my house on Centennial in Boise. on the other hand, a few weeks ago when i was on my way here from Boise for the break and i said i was "going home", i was referring to the city of Boston, but it felt most appropriate to start off my stay at my parents' place, cause that's kinda "home", too... anyway!
i have been really, really, really happy to be here. it's just great to be around people who love me and know me and still like me, too. sure e-mail and blogs and phone calls are great, but since i think of "home" as where my relationships are, it's really good to be here. so, to my friends in the other "home" places, sorry i can't visit just now, but i'll try to keep in touch.
and to everybody, happy new year!

1 comment:

Lance Fisher said...

Here's a late "Merry Christmas" and an on-time "Happy New Year!" I love seeing family during Christmas too.

For me home is Montana, and always will be.