Thursday, September 01, 2005

Good blog day

So, it's September 1.
September 1 is a day that seems to require recognition. It's not up there with December 25, or January 1, or July 4, but still, it has a certain weight to it, like - dun-dun-dun - "the End of Summer is Here!" or "Here comes autumn", if your glass is half full. Either way, the day is significant in my brain for some reason, so though I have nothing particularly exciting to say, "Here Is A Post".
Some good news: I have allergies, so a dose of Alavert a day has made me feel mucho better!
The bad news: I have allergies, which I have never had to worry about before. Blech. The worst thing is that I seem to be at least slightly allergic to the cats that I live with. When she first advertised the room in her house, my housemate - henceforth "Chica" - said that a renter would have to be ok with cats and kids, cause she has three cats and a kid - henceforth "Zeek". I told her I was cool with both and, no, I was not allergic. So here I am... with itchy eyes and ears and the occasional sneeze. Other folks have told me about similar experiences when first moving here. It's a drastic change in environment, from a humid, coastal one to the desert, so I guess it's not surprising that I developed allergies all of a sudden. My reactions are mild now that I'm taking the Alavert, so I am planning on staying with Chica and Zeek, but I am running my new Holmes Air Purifier 24/7.
So, as warned, this really wasn't exciting at all, but... oh! It's my mother's birthday! That's what it is! So this is why writing is important, boys and girls: it develops the Mind, it stretches Creativity, and it helps you Remember Stuff You Forgot. Anyway, gotta run and make a phone call.

2 comments:

Lance Fisher said...

Hmm... that's funny, I was wondering before when you had the cold that lasted so long if you had allergies. I guess I should have said something.

Remember, allergies aren't like coupons. They stack up. In other words, being a little alergic to cats and a little alergic to pollon and a little allergic to dust can make you quite a bit miserable.

I hope that you get used to that arid desert, Shannon had/has similar problems coming from Alabama to Missoula, and Boise it drier than Missoula as you know.

Great reading your posts!

XAgirl said...

Yeah. Allergies, they tend to sneak up on ya when ur least expecting it. Somehow I amnaged to slide by the summer wthout 'em, but i bet in a few weeks (they seem to flare up when the weather changes)I'll be downing Benadryl like candy. I never knew I had allergies until last summer. Pets don't bother me unless I touch them and then touch my face.