Thursday, February 23, 2006

sunny days

"Today is a beautiful day to be a college student", I find myself thinking as I walk across campus, passing crowds of other college kids doing the same. The sky is blue with just a few puffy clouds, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and there is a gentle spring-like breeze. And while I am working on just a measly nap (less than six hours of sleep since yesterday), I have finally sent off my applicaiton for Big Sky Expeditions' summer missions trip to Eastern Europe. Ahh, it feels good to get something done. Now where's that cheap caffeine in the form of 25 cent can of Shasta Cola...

1 comment:

lafalda said...

hey! we could use some of that sunshine and blue skies. old man winter has outworn his welcome and has scarcely taken off his big grey overcoat this whole season. i'm so excited you're coming to slovakia with us (please note that "slovakia" encompasses poland too and has come to mean the same thing around here). i still need to get my ap. in the mail. nothing like waiting til the last millisecond to do everything. but the best part is...in slovakia, twenty-five cent caffeine means a delicious viennese coffee.