Tuesday, August 16, 2005

New home, new life - Day 1

Right on schedule I woke up this morning at 6:30 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time. Unfortunately, I am in Mountain Daylight Savings Time now. Ah, the joys of flying. Another funny thing about flying is that because you travel so far so fast, your mind takes awhile to catch up with being where you are. As I was landing at the Boise airport last night, I found myself thinking, "woah, am I really here? This place is so far removed culturally and socially from where I was just a few hours ago. crazy." After dropping off stuff at our place, my new housemate took me out to eat with some of her friends. This was an awesome treat but it was late for me - 11:00 pm Eastern time. I was so blasted tired I felt like I was in a dream. After I had some food, I started feeling a little more human and really enjoyed the company of the folks.
So here I am, heading off to my first day in my new life. Suffering from a lack of sleep and way too much of a cold - allergies? - I'm a little woozy but excited. I'm going to meet with my new violin prof in a few hours and then get my new student ID and ... new, new, new. Here I come, world. I have landed and I hit the ground running!

No comments: